Friday, October 28, 2011

You don't have to be the strong one.

I read a book this week that was outside my usual style.  And it wasn't even a book I am supposed to review.  A friend from my church recommended the author Dee Henderson to me.  So I found a series on the library shelve and started at book number 1. It's called The Negotiator.  I enjoyed it.

At the end of the book it explained there is a prequel.  It's called Danger in the Shadows.  Now that book I loved!  Here is the first chapter if you want to check it out.

The heroine in the story, Sara is a young woman who had lived a horrendous life in real, tangible fear.  I won't spoil it for you, but there is a very good reason for her to fear for her life - every day. Although she is a believer and she turns to God to help her with her fears, it isn't the relief she has been hoping for.  It isn't until the end of the book that she finally gives her fear TO God.

Believe it or not, there is a big difference between praying about something and giving that something to God.  But as I read Sara's journey I saw myself in her.
I pray about my fear a lot, but I have never placed it at the foot of the cross - then walked away. I have never left it for Him as if it is His to deal with not mine.

He is capable right?

He is certainly stronger than I am, right?

God is all-knowing, right?  So if there is a good, healthy reason for me to have that fear than He would know better than me, right?

This book challenged my views of God.  I need to re-examine how I live as a Follower-of-the-Way.  If I believe in an all-knowing, all powerful God, then it's time for me to live like that.  Right?

How about you?  What do you need to give TO God today?

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. I John 4:18

I also found a soundtrack i would choose for Dee's book, Danger in the Shadows. It is a song called Let Me Be the One by Dana Jorgensen.  I found his You Tube video of the song but found it hard to make out the words.  So if you've never heard the song before you may want this link that shows the same video but with the words scrolling on the screen.  Otherwise . . . enjoy.





And don't forget to let God be the strong one in your relationship!


1 comment:

  1. I've never thought about the difference between praying about something & giving it to God...makes complete sense though...

    ReplyDelete