Monday, February 14, 2011

Writing dilemma

I have encountered a dilemma.  It is one of those writing moments as an author where you say 'lets see where this takes us.'  A moment in the story where you have not anticipated the cost of writing a certain scene yet.

So, what's the big deal you ask?

There is a moment in the coming page that I am not sure if I should reveal a certain detail or keep if from you, the reader, a little longer.  If I was just writing this on my laptop in the secrets confines of my home, I could write it a certain way and than see how it works out further along in the plot.

However I am not writing this in secret.  So, I have to decide if a certain scene gives away too much information or not.  I presume it is best in this scenario to err on the side of caution.

Tis better to omit, than wish you had but didn't.  (Or something like that)

So, I shall leave the information out and hope that you can follow without taking a huge leap.  Please feel free to comment if you find yourselves wondering how you (or the characters) got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment