Monday, April 27, 2015

Book Review of You're Loved No Matter What by Holley Gerth



Whew. Don't we all need to know this is true?
"She whispers it softly over a cup of coffee.
She pulls me aside and confesses it after a conference.
She sends a note to my inbox that shares it.
One little phrase: "I'm tired."
There's an epidemic of weariness among women today. And the ones affected the most are often the ones trying the hardest. To be good. To keep it together. To please God and everyone around them.
Are you one of them? I was.
So I asked God to help me understand why so many of us have settled for simply making it through the day. And this is what I discovered: We don't truly believe we're unconditionally loved."   Holley Gerth.

Once again Holley Gerth has written a book to touch and inspire the hearts of women everywhere. Her latest book, You're Loved No Matter What is a sweet, soft whisper to my tired and weary heart. And probably yours too.

Gerth explores why women are becoming weary from doing, doing and more doing and feeling like they can't possibly do enough. But, as the book walks us through, doing was never God's plan for us. No wonder we're tired. 

Each chapter has room at the end to explore the thoughts deeper and more personally with a few prompts and questions. As well as the back of the book has a Go Deeper Guide for individuals and groups.

Although this wasn't my favorite book of Holley's I found the truths in it powerful and inspiring. A few of my favorite parts were:

  • You have freedom to take risks. Holley writes: "Perfectionism is the great paralyzer. It tells us we shouldn't take a step, make a decision, or try anything new because it might not be just right." 
  • Pursue excellence, not perfection. And, Accept that not everything in your life can be excellent. "You only have so much time, energy and emotion in your day. It's okay not to be excellent at everything."
I found Holley's endearing and comforting voice to be refreshing. She writes as if I'm her friend (and you too) and we're sitting down at a small little bistro somewhere having coffee. A fantastic book that I recommend for all women who are feeling the pull to go, go, go. This one's definitely a keeper for my book shelf!

You're Going to Be Okay by Holley GerthIf you aren't familiar with Holley's other books, I strongly urge you to check them out. Her website and her blog are constant doses of love and encouragement.
I have had the amazing priviledge to review several of them and you can look back at some of the other wonderful works she's written.
What Your Heart Needs for the Hard Days.
You're Going to be Okay.
You're made for a God Sized Dream.
You're Already Amazing.


Thanks to the author and publisher for the opportunity to review this book. I was not required to review it positively.
Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment