Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Book Review - Trapped by Irene Hannon



Cover ArtA runaway teen, a desperate sister, and an intrepid PI determined to discover the truth 
When Laura Griffith's sixteen-year-old sister disappears on a frigid February day, leaving only a brief note behind, Laura resolves to do whatever it takes to track down the runaway teen. That includes recruiting ATF agent turned private investigator James Devlin to help. Dev knows time is of the essence with runaways--just forty-eight hours can mean the difference between recovery and ruin.

But the deeper he and Laura dig, the more Dev begins to suspect that something sinister is at work in the girl's disappearance. And in the icy winter weather, the trail is going cold . . . 


Now what sounds better than that for a curl-up read in front of a warm fireplace as Fall is settling in?

I really enjoyed Irene Hannon's book, Trapped. It is book 2 in her Private Justice Series. I haven't read book 1, Vanished. Yet, as her website states, "all books that are part of a series can be read as stand-alone novels." After reading Trapped I am definitely going to find myself a copy of Vanished.

Let's get started ... the characters in Trapped are rich and endearing. I loved the PI in particular. His personality and his charm were fun to read. There are many POV's in this story - which is not normally my favorite reading but I found once I got into the flow of each character I wanted to stay there. Very well done.

The plot was engaging, unpredictable and emotionally stirring. Probably the best review I could give for this book is that I couldn't put it down. I would bring it along with me in the car in case I had to wait for 3 minutes for my kids. I read it on my work breaks, while food cooked and at bedtime. It followed me everywhere just so I could read even a page or paragraph - anything to get me closer to the end. I even took a "mental health" day to sit on my porch in the warm sun to finish the last half of the book.

I recommend this book to anyone who like suspense, intriguing and unpredictable characters and a sweet dose of romance.

If you don't want to take my word for it, check out Irene's book trailer and excerpt for yourself.


"Book has been provided courtesy of Baker Publishing Group and Graf-Martin Communications, Inc.
Available at your favourite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group"
. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jodi, for the great review! I'm so glad you enjoyed Trapped!

    ReplyDelete